Miss Julie’s gingerbread play dough recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup salt
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- food colouring
- spices (ginger, cinnamon etc)
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Add oil, water and food colouring.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients thoroughly together.
- Microwave on HIGH for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Let cool and knead.
- Store in airtight container after cooled and when not in use.
Miss Katherine’s crumble recipe
We had a great time picking blackberries and making our mini crumbles! Here is the recipe we used.
2 lb Cooking apples (we used blackberries as well)
Place the flour and sugar in a large bowl and mix well. Taking a few cubes of butter at a time, rub into the flour mixture. Keep rubbing until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
Butter an ovenproof dish. Spoon the fruit mixture into the bottom, then sprinkle the crumble mixture on top.
Bake in the oven at 180C until the crumble is browned and the fruit mixture bubbling.
Serve with thick cream or custard.